cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How restore Public Folders to new server?

Stefan_Persson_
Level 3
Small Business Server 2003 reinstalled with different name, Backup Exec 9.1 SP2. We have a backup of both the individual Public Folders and the Public Folder Store but not the physical database. How can we restore the Public Folder from the old server to the new server with a different name?

When I try to restore the Public Folder Store I get the error message: "corrupt data encountered" a000feab. When I try to restore the individual items in the Public Folder I get "access denied". Ihave also tried to restoe the folders to a mailbox. It seems to work because Backup Exec doesn't report an error but none of the items are in that mailbox after the job finishes. I hope someone can help me with this as reinstalling the server with the old name is not an option at the moment.
4 REPLIES 4

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

In your scenario you will need to perform redirected restore of your public folder as your server name has been changed.
However redirected restore of Public Folders is not supported.
Please refer the following documentation for more details.

Title:
The VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide documentation incorrectly states that Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2000, and Exchange 2003 Public Folder Redirected Restores are possible.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/267397

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Stefan_Persson_
Level 3
I had the impression that I could restore individual items from the Public Folders just as I was able to restore individual mail from the backup of mailboxes, even to a new server with a new name. Are you sure we are talking about the same thing here, to restore individual items from the old Public Folder to a new installation of Public Folders with a new name? I am not talking about restoring the Public Folder Store, just the individual items.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

As mentioned in our earlier reply it is not possible to restore a individual public folder.
Please refer the given technote.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Stefan_Persson_
Level 3
OK, thanks for your help.