cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: Export/Import Tools > Alert Categories

Ferdinand_M
Level 3

Hi everyone,

I have approx 30 servers (one for each location) and I turned on SNMP alerts for some events. I have one test server, and everything works fine - now I would like to "deploy" this settings to all servers.

So the question is: How Can I export/Import these alerts categories ? We have BckExec 2010 and BckExec 12. If export/import is available, Will it work for both versions ?

Thanks a lot !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ferdinand_M
Level 3

Thanks for your reply.

I`ve already found a work-around.. BackupExec uses a SQL Database so I was trying to understand the sructure of tables and relations and I found out that Alert Categories are stored in dbo.AlertMapping table

There is no extra column for "Send SNMP notification" but there is a colum called "OptionFlags" and depends on a value we can control what is selected and what is disabled for each Alert Category

So I exported EventNames and OptionFlags on my server,create an update query and executed on all servers.. yes

(I had to restart BackupExec services to apply changes in SQL)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You can export jobs etc, but I don't think you can export alert categories. I haven't seen anything like this.

Might want to add this in as an Idea on the link below:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas

Thanks!

Ferdinand_M
Level 3

Thanks for your reply.

I`ve already found a work-around.. BackupExec uses a SQL Database so I was trying to understand the sructure of tables and relations and I found out that Alert Categories are stored in dbo.AlertMapping table

There is no extra column for "Send SNMP notification" but there is a colum called "OptionFlags" and depends on a value we can control what is selected and what is disabled for each Alert Category

So I exported EventNames and OptionFlags on my server,create an update query and executed on all servers.. yes

(I had to restart BackupExec services to apply changes in SQL)