cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Restore a Hyper-V machine with the Hyper-V Agent installed

Cat_Adams
Level 5

I am trying to get to a particular folder located on the C: drive of the Hyper-V machine.  We have the Microsoft Hyper-V Agent installed on the Hyper-V server where the virtual machines are located.

How can I get to that level of folder restoring??

Thanks

Cathy Adams

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

If this is version BE2010 and if you have done GRT backup of virtual machine on hyper V host then yes you can do a file folder restore from a drive on virtual machine.

You will see machine with FQDN name in restore selection were you can view the GRT for virtual machine

If this is BE2012 you will see the virtual machine listed in backup restore page ,and to restore it double click on that server and then click on restore to perform individual restore.

For doing GRT restore ensure you have installed remote agent on virtual machine

Hope that helps

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

If this is version BE2010 and if you have done GRT backup of virtual machine on hyper V host then yes you can do a file folder restore from a drive on virtual machine.

You will see machine with FQDN name in restore selection were you can view the GRT for virtual machine

If this is BE2012 you will see the virtual machine listed in backup restore page ,and to restore it double click on that server and then click on restore to perform individual restore.

For doing GRT restore ensure you have installed remote agent on virtual machine

Hope that helps

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

To restore individual files/folders, see my article below

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-individual-filesfolders-vm-backup

Cat_Adams
Level 5
Thanks to you both for the comments. Well lesson learned. On one of my Hyper-V servers, the "Use Backup Exec Grandular Recovery...." option was NOT checked. I checked my other Hyper-V's and they have that option checked,. And I was then able to see how the restore works from the others. Again, thanks so much. Cathy