cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Save JOB LOG into a different folder daily. BE 9.2 Server 2003

sKurt
Not applicable

Using BE 9.2 and Windows Server 2003 - I'd like to have a copy of each JOB LOG file sent to the computer somewhere. 

Everyday I get an email with the job log file as an attachment.  I'll be using this file to glean some information and process other files.

I noticed that if I use the administrator console, I can open the job log file, however, as soon as I exit the software the job log file goes away  (00000001.Incremental.5.243.txt) or whatever the filename is that day.

I don't want to have to open my email, extract the file, put it in a directory then run the program against that directory every day. I'll be using GAWK to get information on the ...243.txt file and based on what information I get (failed/error/reached) etc., I'll show a error window, send an email (Blat) or some other action.

Is there a command line switch I can use to send these log files ...123.txt out to a folder?

e.g. C:\Program Files\Symantec\....\Jaview.exe" -logs=C:\BE_LOGS

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Is there a command line switch I can use to send these log files ...123.txt out to a folder?

Sorry, no.  the job logs get written to the \DATA directory   Have no idea why they are disappearing when the console is close, they shouldn't be.

Are you curent on service for BackupExec?  

(bearing in mind that v9.1 went End-of-Life on January 18, 2007 Smiley Surprised  There is no v9.2 for windows but there is/was for Netware )