cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the name of an existing catalog

Jurgen_Oerleman
Level 3
Hello,
By misstake I have a catalog with a wrong name. How can I change this name?
To avoid misstakes: It's NOT the media name or the media description I want to change; It is the name you see when you press the "RESTORE" button. The name of the catalog appears to have been created of the name of the first job concatenated with the name / date of that first backup job.
Kind regards, Jurgen Oerlemans
8 REPLIES 8

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

As you want to change the name of the catalog, you can go to Job setup and change the name of the catalog from the job properties.

If our understanding regarding your query is incorrect please elaborate.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jurgen_Oerleman
Level 3
No this is not really what I need to know; To start, there is no "calalog name" in the job properties neither in the job setup properties. An example:
The full name is:
labdata 2004 4A 13-05-2005 8:18:50(labdata 2005 4A)
and SHOULD be:
labdata 2005 4A 13-05-2005 8:18:50(labdata 2005 4A)

Under this catalog name are the various backup sets belonging to this catalog.

Kind regards, Jurgen Oerlemans

Chaitanya_Khurj
Level 6
Hello Jurgen,

Backup Exec displays catalog names as per the day on which the backup media was created. There is no possibility that you could change this. It means that you have catalogged the wrong tape. Have you checked if the files to be restored under this catalog are the ones that you want ? If not then you will have to catalog the respective tape or Backup to Disk Folder.

Thanks

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Jurgen_Oerleman
Level 3
Hello, You said that
"Backup Exec displays catalog names as per the day on which the backup media was created."
I am sure this not true, because we bought the concerning tape drive in the spring of 2005!
Before we used antoher tape drive ( and another type of tapes). Every week we are adding data to this tape so I am sure this media ws created in 2005 and not in 2004

Regards, Jurgen Oerlemans

Jurgen_Oerleman
Level 3
I am sorry, I am confusing you with my last reply.
It's not the date-part (13-05-2005) in the catalog name I want to change, it is the part placed before the date, "labdata 2004" I want to change. Where does this part of the name come from?

labdata 2004 4A 13-05-2005 8:18:50(labdata 2005 4A)

Best regards, Jurgen Oerlemans

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Jurgen,

Is it showing so for all the catalogs or just a particular catalog ?

Regards,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool

Jurgen_Oerleman
Level 3
All the other catalog names are correct.
I guess the wrong catalog name was for some reason derived from the first job name which we gave the wrong name by misstake

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Thank you for the update.

Reagrds,