cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure backup set duplication?

rshb4400
Level 4

Hello

We have configured backup set duplication in the following way:

333.png

but duplication job runs several times a day without relation to the backup job it have to duplicate, showing warning messages and ending with errors:

1111.png

22.png\

What is the right way to configure duplication?

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have a look @ these 2 KBs -

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH87580

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH87512

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Recreate your policy but this time add the duplicate templates after you have finished adding all the backup templates

rshb4400
Level 4

VJware, articles says that to duplicate my backups i need all the backups that took place between some period.

1) If the backup to be duplicated, took place "n" times, the duplicate backup selection list will contain "n" entries indicating the "n" occurrences of the backup whose backup sets are to be duplicated.

2) When a duplicate backup has successfully duplicated all the related backup sets, the duplicate backup selection list is cleared.

This is a policy misconfiguration, if the monthly duplicate backups were meant to duplicate "only" the full backup of the last week in a month.

As per the above policy definition, the monthly duplicate backup will duplicate all the full backupsets created between week1 and week4. Hence it is required that all the full backupsets are available when the monthly duplicate backup runs.

To say by the truth i dont get it. I have weekly and monthly full backups and duplicate jobs "binded" to them and all i need is to duplicate my last weekly/monthly backup. Why do i need some other backus to complete the duplication?

Thanks

rshb4400
Level 4

So i decided to refuse from duplication and create seperate job for duplication