cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install BEX and Exchange Agent and where ??

Bengt_Johansson
Level 2
I have a PC running Win2003 server, with a tapestn and this should act as a Backupserver then i have a PC with Win2003 server and Exchange 2003.
Both work in same Active Dirctory.

I Have purchase BEX 10d and one agents for Exchange 2003.

When i install Bex i type both the serialnumbers (one for Bex, one for exchange).

After install is ok i have try to select Tools, Serial Numbers and installation. Have also try Tools, Install Agents...

But i can�t se any option to install something to the Exchange-server.

I hav also try to create a backup-job but i can�t se nothing that belongs to Exchange.

So my question is....

How to install Bex and agent for Exchange ???

(What components must be installed i Backup-server and what in the Exchange-server.)

/Bejo
6 REPLIES 6

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
The Exchange agent is basically just a license code which unlocks the Exchange backup functionality rather than a physical agent which runs on the server.

You do however need to install the remote agent on the Exchange server to allow you to backup the remote server. If memory serves the Exchange agent license includes one remote agent license, so you should be able to push the remote agent to your Exchange server, after which you'll be able to select it for backup.

Bengt_Johansson
Level 2
You say "need to install the remote agent on the Exchange server to allow you to backup the remote server"....

What remote agent, Exchange Agent or what and how ??
What i mean is, which "components" must be installed in the Exchange Server and how.

I can tell that i have for many years ago, installing Bex v7.x and also 8.x and in these versions there was so easy, but in v10d i will be confused !
(Note ! These older versions was installed in other PC:s, not the actual described above, and them are scratched today.)

/Bejo

Message was edited by:
Bengt Johansson

Message was edited by:
Bengt JohanssonMessage was edited by:
Bengt Johansson

Jon_Ziminsky
Level 4
Tools ~> Install Remote Agents

Follow the wizard from that point and it should be cake.

Jon

Bengt_Johansson
Level 2
If i select Tools, Install Remote Agents.. it shows only the options
Windows Remote Agents and NetWare Remote Agents.

I Have try to select Windows Remote Agents and then point to the Exchangeserver.
The result is only Advanced Open File Option and Remote Agent for Windows Servers.

I Need the Agent for Exchangeserver ( i guess?).

/Bejo

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
No, like I said the agent for exchange is just a license key, not installable software. The remote agent you need is the Remote Agent for Windows Servers, which needs to be installed on any remote servers that you want to backup.

Bengt_Johansson
Level 2
This answer was exactly what i need !

Just now, the backup of Exchage-server is running.

THANK YOU !

/Bejo