cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a backup/copy of BEWS 2012 Job List

TRP
Level 5

Hi all :)

It seems that our install of BEWS 2012 is messed up and I am unable to connect to the console (even Sym support can't solve this) so I am going to completely uninstall and do a clean install.

What I want to do first is save the current set of backup jobs so I can import them into the reinstalled BEWS.

WIthout being able to actually get into BEWS how do i do this?  

thanks

Tracy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no way to save and import jobs between any BE installations.

The only way to save your jobs is to save your BEDB by making a copy of the Data directory under the BE installation direction and use this to replace the Data directory after you have installed a new copy of BE.  However, this might bring back your present problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check the Reports section and see if there is a canned report you can pull to allow you to get the information you need.

Otherwise this data is stored within the BEDB and the only other way I can think of is to log a call with Symantec and ask them to pull it out of there for you. Editing it yourself is neither supported nor recommended.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no way to save and import jobs between any BE installations.

The only way to save your jobs is to save your BEDB by making a copy of the Data directory under the BE installation direction and use this to replace the Data directory after you have installed a new copy of BE.  However, this might bring back your present problem.