cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

How to restore compress files as uncompressed

Not applicable
Hello!Regarding BackupExec 8.6 on Windows ...I have a situation where an NTFS partition was (erroneously) set to use compression;it was *not* our original intention to use compression (and, to tell youthe true, I'm not quite sure exactly when/how it got set that way).Anyway, the "problem" (more like a "situation") that I'm running into now,is, whenever I restore data from tapes that were made of that compressedpartition, the folders/files are being restored again in compressed form- even when I redirect the restore to a non-compressed partition.We're about to set up a completely new system, and migrate the data by restoringfrom a current full backup ... but we don't want the data to be compressedon the new system.How do I go about instructing BackupExec *not* to set compression on therestored data? I suspect that there is a (less than obvious? ) optionsomewhere, but I just can't seem to find it.(Truthfully, the fact that BackupExec behaved this way in the first place,was a bit of a surprise. I would have expected the NTFS filesystem to decompressthe data when it was read from the disk , and that BackupExecwould just "do it's thing" . Then, I would have expected it tobe up to the filesystem on the restore target, whether or not to compressthe data - regardless of how it is stored on the tape.Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide any insight!Regards,Brant Burrow
0 REPLIES 0