cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve remote agent serial numbers

FiremanG
Level 2

I have just taken over the IT part time job at my company and have retired a few servers that did have remote agetns installed. I want to find out which serial numbers are actually still in use so that I can reuse the inactive serial numbers on new servers. How can I find out which serial numbers are active on my remote agent Windows servers. I am running Server 2003 on the curretn servers in question.

9 REPLIES 9

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

On your Backup Exec Media server:

1. Click Help | About Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers

2. Click License Information

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

The RAWS serials are not tied to a specific RAWS install.  You just have to have as many RAWS serials as you have remote machines

ZeRoC00L's suggestion will tell you how many RAWS serials that you have installed.  Compare that with the number of computers you wish to protect

FiremanG
Level 2

I have tried mutiple times to install the remote agent on a new server and it seems to go through the process of installation, but I do not see the installation in the program files under Veritas where the docs indicate they should be installed. I thgouth I may have to remove a serial number and then reinstall the software and add back a serial number that I remove. 

Do you have any suggestions how to get the installation working?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Later versions of Backup Exec install into Symantec not Veritas which version are you trying to install ?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Are you doing a push install from the media server?

Have you tried a local install on the remote server?

FiremanG
Level 2

I am installing version 10 and trying to push to the server.

FiremanG
Level 2

I am trying to push and it all seems to process correctly but when I perform a backup, the backup completes but fails due to the agent not running

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

Make sure be remote agnet service is running on the target server

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

on that server is the BEREMOTE service started and running?

BEREMOTE should be running as LSA, not the BESA (Backup Exec Service Account)