cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup veritas move to other tapes only after current tape full?

Alex_Y
Level 3
Our company is running Veritas BE 9.1 on windows 2000 and HP 8 tape autoloader device . I have a question about backup setup.

Veritas goes to another tape after it only finished one backup task. even there are lots of spare space on this tape. I wish it can move to another tape only after the current tape full. I don't know how to setup that? If I set to backup to specific one tape, it will overwrite it or ask me input new tape ( when I set a write protection) even only 4GB of 100GB space used. Anybody can help me? Thank you so much!!!
6 REPLIES 6

Alex_Y
Level 3
Nobody can help me?:S

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Define the first job of the night as Overwrite

Define all other jobs as Append, and specify the same media set as the first jobMessage was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Alex,
Please do as Ken has stated, only you need to also verify the overwrite protection period and append period to ensure that the tapes are overwritable/appendable before running the backups.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Alex_Y
Level 3
Thank you Ken. I will try this way tonight. I will post the result here. Thanks.

Alex_Y
Level 3
Thank you Renuka! I will try. Let you guys know later. Thanks.

Alex_Y
Level 3
It is working very well now. Thanks you guys.!!