cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to troubleshoot "The job failed with the following error: Unable to attach to a resource. "

baskervi1
Level 3

The server recently started failing in its backups with the error message: "Backup 00038-Full -- The job failed with the following error: Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.  If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource."

We are in the process of having a vendor install a new SQL application, which I presume is causing this, but I don't see any specific information as to what is actually failing. Can someone please direct me in troubleshooting this problem? This is a physical server running 2008R2 with Symantec Backup Exec 2012. I tried to create a new job, but it's failing with the same error message.

Thank you. Baskervi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

baskervi1
Level 3

I've been looking at this for 30 minutes but just saw the job log. It is a SQLServer problem. Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

baskervi1
Level 3

I've been looking at this for 30 minutes but just saw the job log. It is a SQLServer problem. Thanks