cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall Baackup Exec Remote Agent 12.5 from Windows Core Server 2008?

Bodie
Level 2
Partner
Windows Core Server 2008 64bit.  How do I unistall the remote agent from the server?  I don't see an msi to run an msiexec /uninstall on.  So is there another method that is recommended?  Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bodie
Level 2
Partner

Nevermind...  I tried one last thing and it worked...

But for anyone who has the same issue I had here is what I did... 

• On the media Server copy the appropriate "Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems.msi" to the core server.  The Remote Agent .msi should be found on the Media Server in the following path:  C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents\RAWSX64.  In this case for me it was a 64 bit install...  Copy to Core Server
  • Manage Core Server, and stop Backup Exec Remote Service - This will help so that a reboot will not be needed.
  • Now on the core server browse to the path of the copied file in this case fore me it was C:\Temp\Rawsx64.
  •  Now run this command:  msiexec /uninstall "C:\temp\Rawsx64\Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems.msi"

This should uninstall Remote Agent.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bodie
Level 2
Partner

Nevermind...  I tried one last thing and it worked...

But for anyone who has the same issue I had here is what I did... 

• On the media Server copy the appropriate "Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems.msi" to the core server.  The Remote Agent .msi should be found on the Media Server in the following path:  C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents\RAWSX64.  In this case for me it was a 64 bit install...  Copy to Core Server
  • Manage Core Server, and stop Backup Exec Remote Service - This will help so that a reboot will not be needed.
  • Now on the core server browse to the path of the copied file in this case fore me it was C:\Temp\Rawsx64.
  •  Now run this command:  msiexec /uninstall "C:\temp\Rawsx64\Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems.msi"

This should uninstall Remote Agent.