Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec - Failed to backup

Mursel
Level 2
Hi all

Can anyone tell me why my backup is failing. Log file contains those 3 errors:

Backup- C: Directory C:\WINDOWS\SYSVOL\sysvol\mikroaldi.org\DO_NOT_REMOVE_NtFrs_PreInstall_Directory was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.
V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
VSS Snapshot error. A Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot is already running on the target computer. Only one snapshot can run at a time.  Try running the job later.

Backup- MAIL\SHAREPOINT V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
VSS Snapshot error. A Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot is already running on the target computer. Only one snapshot can run at a time.  Try running the job later.

Backup- MAILV-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "System?State". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Thanks in advance,

Mursel M.
3 REPLIES 3

Mursel
Level 2
Please... any help?

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

Mursel wrote:
It thinks it (the server you are backing up) is already doing a snapshot. The first thing I'd do is stop and think if you have anything else using snapshots. (does Sharepoint's built-in backup use them). Then on the server run vssadmin list shadows and see if there are any snapshots listed. If there are, you may be able to determine what created it.
You could also try restarating the VSS Writer service, and delete any shadows if there are some that should not be there.

CULTRA08
Level 2

Sysvol\sysvol\(domain)\DO_NOT_REMOVE_....   issue is resolved.

I'm using BE 9.1 - Since upgrading our WSUS to 3.0 as a WID, BE failed on the above directory but would backup and verify the subdirectories.  

Information is out there that BE SP5 fixes the issue. Installed 1-26-09, Didn't work.  Deselecting the directory from BE worked for two days and the backup continued to fail with same error.  

***Today found out that WSUS 3.0 changed the folder security on the DO_NOT_REMOVE_  directory causing backup to fail.  After setting the folder security excatly as the subfolders that are being backed up and verified, I tested the backup, it's now working successfully.  

Hope this helps and good luck!!!