cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade DLO 10d to DLO 11d?

Albert_Huynh
Level 2
What is the process for moving 10d DLO client/files to a new 11d BE DLO? I have upgraded one BE 10d server to 11d. There is still an existing BE 10d server that is still doing all the 10d DLO backups. I tried moving the data on one of the user profiles on10d to point to a new storage location that I created for use with the 11d DLO. However, when I tried to push out the 11d DLO agent for that user, it created a new folder. I tried deleting this user from 11d, but it sits at 'Delete pending' and nothing happens. The folder which it just created has no properties and security settings so there's no way to delete the folder. I tried stopping all the BE services yet still can't delete the folder and within 11d DLO console, still says 'Delete pending".

What is the correct procedure to upgrade the 10d DLO agents to 11d and still keep the data that's already there. We don't want the new 11d DLO agents resynching with the server since it'll be a waste of duplicating the data. Should we move the storage location first, move the data, delete user profile from 10d DLO, push 11d DLO to client with its storage location pointing to the new folder? What is Symantec's recommended upgrade path for this? Thank you.
1 REPLY 1

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
Hi Albert,

Please refer to the following technote. This will update your 10d clients to 11d by checking for updates from the server.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/287769

Thanks.