cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm perplexed

William_Dougall
Level 3
When I try and run any back up. BE wants to add a set to that backs up of a specific local drive. I have not found anything in the docs about a "run this set with all back ups" feature. It is really annoying when I'm trying to back up a 2g workstation and the backup is 65g because of this other drive. I did not install this software and the person that did is long gone. Imagine that. Yet I have been tasked to support it. Any help would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If this is a stored job that uses a stored Selection List, open the selection list in text mode and delete the larger drive, save, and you should be good to go.

William_Dougall
Level 3
It happens either way. I have gone into the Selection list in text mode and the only reference to the other drive is in the excludes list. I have removed it from there and it still happens.

uz
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I've had this once... :

every BE has an default customer defined exclusion list.

This is called "excludes" and is empty by default.

For unknown reason once there was an include in this exlusion list. As this list will be checked prior to every backup, any backup did include this selection.

To check this, go to Edit - edit selection list.
Choose the excludes list and check whether there are any entries that are shown as INCLUDE.

If yes delete this entry and you are fine.

If the list is empty - sorry - ..

regards

uz

William_Dougall
Level 3
Is this under the Select Menu?

"To check this, go to Edit - edit selection list."

If so the only thing there is what I referred to in my previous post. When I click the Edit button, in the new window the "include/exclude" buttons are grayed out with the exclude radio button selected. However, in the list window though it does not indicate exclude. Where when I create new excludes there is a "/exclude" at the end. hmmm.

I have deleted that selection and await for the current backup to finish so that I may try this to see if it resolves this issue.

Thanks for your guidance.

William_Dougall
Level 3
That was it.

Thanks again.