Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Fails (10.d) - Message "Image Creation

Zona_Aonstle
Level 2
10.d for Windows 2003 Server
Running IDR Wizard
Fails with "Image Creation from This CD or PATH is Not Supported"

What am I doing wrong? I know I'm using a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise i386 source path, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Does the IDR check for VLK types? Maybe I have a mismatch there.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Refer the link

When creating the Intelligent Disaster Recovery bootable media, an error message "Image creation from the CD is not supported" is displayed and an incorrect CD-ROM icon is displayed.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/251598

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Not applicable
No. This is not at all correct. I do not have a problem with "Incorrect CD-ROM Icon".

The IDR wizard fails for the specific reason that somehow, the IDR process does not recognize my I386 source for Windows 2003 Server, Enterprise (32-bit), yet the server on which I'm trying to IDR was installed from this (network) source.

Is it a mapped drive requirement? Can I not use the IDR wizard with a SHARE on a SERVER, and instead must I use an actual CD ROM?

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Copy the I386 folder to the server locally instead of accessing it from a mapped drive.

Also, don't point to the I386 folder but to the drive letter.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.