cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Problem NT4.0 Server 6A

Jamie_Darienzo
Level 3
I'm testing recovery on a NT4.0 Server (6A) and everything seems to work fine until the very end...I get unable to attach to drive. When I run netstart I the remote agent is not running. I have copied the RANT32 folder and attempted to install the remote agent manually when I received an error message indicating that it cannot install unless I upgrade to NT4.0 Server 6A. The server being recovered was already fully patched and I'm creating the IDR cd from an original unpatched 4.0 CD. Any suggestions? 2000 and 2003 servers are being recovered just fine with the exact same steps.

Thanks,
Jamie
5 REPLIES 5

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Are you running IDR recovery of a remote server? Refer to the folowing technote in order to resolve the problem:

Title: When using the VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.0 for Windows Servers Intelligent Disaster Recovery option to recover a remote Windows computer, the restore job fails immediately with the error "Unable to attach to one of the drives."
http://support.veritas.com/docs/263176

If the problem persists, revert to the forum with details on the settings.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Jamie_Darienzo
Level 3
Priya,

Thanks for the reply. I can confirm that the port is open on the Backup Server in fact I have tested recovery with 2000-2003 OS without problems. I believe the problem is specific to the NT 4.0 OS. What confirms this is the fact that when I try to localy install the remote agent it errors out indicating that I need to upgrade the OS to 6A before I can install the agent.

Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

Jamie

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

For Microsoft Windows NT Server Operating System v4.0; Service Pack 6a or later is necessary.

Try upgrading and let us know the results.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Jamie_Darienzo
Level 3
Hi Tejashree,

The server I'm trying to protect is already fully patched to 6(A). I fully patched it before I ran the full backup. Once I ran the backup I created the IDR bootable CD.

Thanks,
Jamie

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

As suggested also in our earlier reply , please note that default port 10,000 should also be open on the remote server.

Please update us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.