cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Problem

Not applicable
I am using Backup Exec for Windows Servers 9.1 on windows 2003 server. IDR is installed on base server. The full backup has been taken in tapes of second server ( also windows 2003), and .dr file copied to the floppy disk and IDR has been created of second server. When I restore the second server from the Remote IDR, it get successfully logon to Remote BackupExec media server afte selecting (To recover a computer using a remote media server) option, But after that it do not show any drive to restore. I cannot figure out, why it is not showing any drive to restore……….?
5 REPLIES 5

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
Check the following links :

* IDR Restore
http://support.veritas.com/docs/236286

* Manual Restore
http://support.veritas.com/docs/257160

Alex_Tetyukhin
Level 4
I have absolutely the same problem. I test IDR recovery with our customer server.

See environment:

Media server:
Windows Server 2003 SE,
BE 9.1
IDR

Client Server:
Windows Server 2003 SE,
SQL 2000
Remote Agent

What I do:
1) Create full backup of client server, including C::, Shadow Copy, SQL components. There are the message that all is OK, update your IDR disk

2) Create IDR bootable CD from client (without or with ASR-files)

3) Remove system drive from the client server and install the same clean drive.

4) Boot from IDR CD

5) Press F2 to go to Windows Server 2003 ASR process

6) Path through repartitioning, copying system files.

7) Go to graphical setup mode.

8) IDR restore wizard is pop up

9) I select a correct *.DR file (it's up-to-date)

10) I select "Fully Automated recovery" and "Recovery to the same state"

11) I select remote restore and successfully logon to the media server

12) But there is no drives to restore or media sets from which to restore

13) After all I get the error message:
"The recovery application "C:\WINDOWS\system32\asr_pfu.exe /restore /sifpath=C:\WINDOWS\repair\asr.sif" returned an error code 0x2. Since this indicates an unrecoverable error, ASR cannot continue on this machine."

How to resolve this problem?
It seems that IDR recovery cannot find catalogs for restoring media. But why? Maybe *.DR is not include catalogs? For what reason?

ashwin_pawar
Level 6
This could happen if the .DR file is corrupt due to some reason or not present at all.You may have to perform the manual recovery by reloading the OS,BackupExec Remote Agent and then restored from tape.

Dipti_Chinchole
Level 6
post older than 2 days

Tommy_Vercetti
Level 3
So is there a resolution to this problem? I read the response where the dr file might be corrupt and a manual restore will have to be peformed. If I was going to perform manual restores, then it makes no sense for me to spend money on IDR.