cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Problem

guillaume_Allai
Level 3
Hello,

I am running Windows Small Business Server 2003 on a Dell PE 1800. All updates for drivers and OS have been done.

I use Backup Exec 10d for windows servers with the option "Agent for Exchange", "Agent for SQL Server 2000" and "IDR".

I have created the bootable iso file that I burned on a cd. This have been done after a full backup on a tape and on a mapped hard drive.

When I test it (with another identical machine), the system is booting on the cd.
I start the IDR process. I choose to install 3rd party driver for my raid 1 (perc4/SC) controller and start the windows ASR. After the installation program format my hardrive (they are still online), they get offline, and I am unable to go further.

Any idea ?

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Is the device compatible with Backup exe 10d? If yes, try with the Symantec device drivers:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/282974

Revert if the issue persists. Do you get a blue screen?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

guillaume_Allai
Level 3
Hi,

If you are talking about my tape drive, it is a seagate dat72 inside a powervault114T.
When I installed Backup Exec, it asked me if I wanted to use veritas driver for it.
I said yes.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

If the device is supported and listed in Hardware Compatibility ,install veritas driver.

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.