cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR - Unable to establish connection with media server

Ernest_Dunn
Level 3
I am trying to use Backup Exec 10 IDR to protect a media server that does not have an attached tape drive. This media server performs all backups to folder. I used the backup to folder for the IDR backup set. I created the IDR CD and when I attempt to perform the IDR restore, I get "Unable to establish connection with media server" and "Unable to add service account to Local Admin Group" errors. Any help that anyone can provide will be much appreciated. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

Ashwin_Apte
Level 4
Hi Ernest,

Its not possible to perform a Local IDR of a media server with the backup being stored on Backup-to-disk folders. You have to have a locally attached tape device to perform a local IDR of a media server.

Disaster recovery from virtual devices, such as Backup-to-Disk devices, must be done via Remote IDR using a media server with access to the virtual device.

For this refer to the Backup Exec Administrator´s Handbook, under the "Requirements for using IDR" chapter. You can download the handbook from this link:
URL: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/269777.htm

- Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.
----------------------------------------------------------------------