cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Windows 2000 could not start because of a computer disk hardware config

Patrick_Kelly_2
Not applicable
We recently had a RAID 0 IDE drives server fail. We are trying to use IDR to recover this to a different server that is using RAID 1 SCSI drives. We Get past all the copying files stuff on the boot CD. However, when we reboot we get the message "Windows 2000 could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from selected boot disk".

10.0 upgrade was done specifically because it was advertised to us as being able to recover to dissimilar hardware. We even tried setting to RAID 0 and got the same error. There seems to be some speculation about boot.ini settings (having to change those to reflect the scsi settings). My question is, if this is true, where do I change the boot.ini file? Do i need to boot to a floppy then locate it in the files that were copied during the 'copy files' phase of the recovery?

Thanks.
--Patrick
1 REPLY 1

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer to the below mentioned technote:

How to recover a system with a RAID array using the Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option
http://support.veritas.com/docs/190616

Kindly update with the results.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.