cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR - load needed DLLs for kernel - No fix for 10d?

Gil_Almeida
Not applicable
Media Server:
Symantec Backup Exec 10d (10.1 Rev 5629)

IDR "protected" machine:
Windows 2003 Server SP1

After a successful restore of a Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 server with the Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) option, the server fails to boot up, and Windows reports the following error:
Windows could not start because of an error in the software.
Please report this problem as :
load needed DLLs for kernel.
Please contact your support person to report this problem.

Document 276524 http://support.veritas.com/docs/276524
Does NOT have a fix for 10d only 10.0
What can I do to resolve this??
6 REPLIES 6

Scott_McCurdy
Level 3
I am having the same problem. I cannot backup my 2003 server after a full backup and using the ISO image. I am getting the same error. Is this problem only with version 10d...if so, maybe I need to go back to 10.

Marco_Monti
Level 2
I am having the same problem after restoring with IDR a windows 2003 server SP1. It happens the same either with BE 10d or BE 10.0 + Hotfix23.
Any suggestion?

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please use an IDR cd which does not have service pack 1 integrated with it.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Marco_Monti
Level 2
I have created the IDR cd using a plain windows 2003 (without SP1) since the beginning.
I don't have a windows 2003 CD with SP1 already in it.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Gil,

Can you also update on the issue please ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

edwin_ramos
Level 2
I'm having the same problem also, any solution on this? According to the knowledgebase... BE v10 SP4 or hotfix 23 will solve the problem but in my case its not. Appreciate your help because all of my servers are now in Win2k3, thanks...

Edwin