cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR wizard

Michael_Gaihede
Level 2
I'm running a network with Small Business Server (U.S. edition) and a number of Windows XP-Pro SP2 clients on a Danish Windows edition. When trying to create a recovery cd-rom (specifically when locating the Windows installation files), I get the following message:

"Operating system language 0 not supported by this edition of Intelligent Disaster Preparation Wizard"

What gives ?

Best regards and thanks

Michael
2 REPLIES 2

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Michael!
If you are running DRPrep Wizard for the recovery of the local/remote machine then check the language used on the machine by going to:
Control Panel>Regional Settings>General>Your Locale

In order to get the System's Language Backup Exec queries the 'sLanguage' registry entry and expects it to match the set of language text like English System used in UK will have an entry 'ENG' .

If the language setting is different on the operating system Backup Exec may report an error .

You may try changing the language on the local/remote machine to "English-United States" and try running the DRPrep Wizard.

This error may also occur because of the insufficient permissions on the registry.

Please refer to the following steps to resolve the issue:

1) Create a new user account.

2) Add it in the local Admin and Domain Admin.

3) Logon using the new account. Change all Backup Exec services to run using this new account.

This should help resolve the problem.

Note : If the language selected for the setting "Your Locale" is not one of the supported languages, then Backup Exec will be displayed in English. This will occur although the operating system is in a different language and will also occur if the multiple language user interface (MUI) feature of Windows is being used and has the "menus and dialogs" setting set to something different than the locale.

Additionally you may refer to the following technote for more information:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/252954.htm

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Michael_Gaihede
Level 2
Hi Ashutosh,

I appreciate your suggestions but it still doesn't solve the problem. The 'Standards and Formats' and 'Location' entries in 'Regional Settings' have the same values on both computers (Danish and Denmark respectively). I've tried changing regional settings to U.S. and English U.S. but the result is the same.

The account used in all situations (including all BE services) is the domain administrator account which is also a local admin account on the XP-Pro client.

If I change the the Windows installation disk (MSDN DVD XP-PRO SP2) to an English version, the IDR wizard reports the following error (regardless of the regional settings on the media server):

"Language was not determined from WXP-1. The specified resource cannot be found in the image file" (WXP-1 being the client name).

Consequently, the problem must reside elsewhere. It would, of course, be interesting to know what is meant by the sentence "Operating system language 0 not supported" but is difficult without any additional error info.

Best regards,

Michael