cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Config

Hennepin
Level 3
I'm trying to import the server configuration from our old installation to new, but the import just sits there saying "applying copied server media configuration to media servers" at 0%. It tain't making any progress. Any suggestions on what went wrong and how to work it lose? There has to be something obvious I'm missing here because the process seems pretty straightforward. Setup: Old server: Windows 2003 32 bit with Veritas 10d (export successful) New server: Windows 2008 R2 64 bit with Veritas 2010 Thanks, -Todd
5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello 

You cannot import configuration from 10d  to 2010.  Server configuration will work only if the source & destination BE is of the same version.

Hennepin
Level 3
Thanks for the clarification, Amol.

So how does one do an upgrade, short of manually recreating all the jobs?  That appears to me to be a glaring omission on Veritas' part.

-Todd

AmolB

Hi todd

Direct upgrade from 10d to 2010 is not possible, you will have to upgrade to 11d and then from 11d to 2010. 

Refer to http://support.veritas.com/docs/331658

Hennepin
Level 3

Amol,

Thanks for the clarification.  At this point it'll be easier to recreate the settings than go through another upgrade.

-Todd

AmolB
If any of the above posts have answered your question do mark it as a solution.