cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help installing SP4 for BEWS 12.5

Rsutton
Level 2
Hello,

I am preparing to update BEWS 12.5 to SP4 and I have read the installation notes and I have a few questions. From the notes it says I should:
Post Requisites
- A full backup is recommended after installing this Service Pack.
What should I do a full back of specifically? And are there any instructions for this?

- Remote Agent for Windows Servers will need to be updated after installing this Service Pack.
Are there instructions for doing this? Can this be done from the BEWS console?

Is there anything else I should be aware of before updating?

Many Thanks!
Ryan
6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello

After installing SP4 you can take a full backup of C drive, System state & shadow copy components of your backup exec server.

Its recommended to update the remote agent after installing any service pack.

To update the remote agent open BE console, click on Tools->Install Agents and Media server on a different server.

Follow the wizard to update all the remote agents.

Refer to http://support.veritas.com/docs/313285

Note: Before pushing out updates remove all the .msp files from the udpates folder which are older than SP4.

Just keep RAWS322213RSP4.msp & genpatch.out file in the udpates folder

The updates folder is located at  X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents\RAWS32 & RAWSX64.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
A full backup is recommended after installing this Service Pack

This means that if you are doing differential or incremental backups, you should do a full backup even if it is not the days to do a full backup.

Rsutton
Level 2

Thank you for the replies, I have a better understand now. Is the full backup only required for my BEWS server, or should I do new full backups for all servers?

AmolB
You need to perform a full backup of your BEWS server.

Rsutton
Level 2
Thanks!

Ryan

AmolB
Hi Ryan

If any of the above posts have answered your question then you may mark it as a solution.