cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete backup of Exchange Information Store - Mailboxes

GdG
Level 2
We are running Backup Exec on WIndows 2003 server (SP1) and have  a second server (same O/S) for Microsoft Exchange 2003 running the Remote Agent.  We are configured to back up individual mailboxes. There should be around 25 mailboxes but when we try to restore from any backup only 6 mailboxes are displayed.

The backup logs have only shown skipped temporary files in Documents and Settings, SAV folders and so on, with no reference to a failure to backup Mailboxes or the Information Store.

Can anyone help please?
4 REPLIES 4

Dean_Bliss
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
It is important that you should upgrade to the latest revision.
Click on Help -> About and verify the revision number.

If you have 11.0.6235 then you need to download revision 11.0.7170
It is a completely new build and not a service pack or hotfix. You can install over your existing Backup Exec and it will upgrade. Here is a link to download the 7170 version: http://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=30140

Once the backup server is at 7170, run Liveupdate to get the current hotfixes, then deploy the remote agent back to your Exchange server.

Run a full backup of Exchange and then you should see all mailboxes in the restore selections.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note** All the mailboxes were backed up since they are included in the entire Information Store. The reason you cannot see them in the restore tab is due to an Active Directory setting.

This technote explains the issue in detail - http://support.veritas.com/docs/286823
Eventhough there is Hotfix 11 for revision 6235 - you should upgrade to 7170 (which includes this fix)

GdG
Level 2
Hi Dean,
Yes, we are on 6235. I was looking for information along these lines in the KB but did not find anything definite.  Thanks also for a download link.   It's good to know that the backup should be complete although the restore selections are not.

Keng_Seng_Chee
Level 3
I'm facing the same problem in Build 7170 too. It is resolved by restarting the backupexec services.

GdG
Level 2
I'll certainly look out for that, thanks Keng.