cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Elapsed Time Displayed

Mike_Bowden
Level 3
Hello,

I am having a strange thing happen with my installation of 9.1. My nightly backups run and verify just fine ("Successful" status), however, the time displayed for "Elapsed Time" is like 5 hours AFTER the final file is verified. Backup Exec is the only software running on this computer.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks!

-Mike
5 REPLIES 5

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Disable any online time synchronization application.
- Disable the antivirus software services before starting the backup.
- Check the system BIOS date and time settings.
- Create a new scheduled backup job.
- Perform the backup and observe the result.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mike_Bowden
Level 3
I followed all of the above steps (even UNISTALLED the antivirus program) but am still havnig this "problem". It seems like something in the program is telling it not to mark the job as complete until a certain time.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you have selected "eject on end" as part of the job description, then the elapsed time counter will keep clicking until you respond to the "remove tape" alert.

Either remove "Eject on End" or see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm for some tweaks that will auto-respond to several alerts, including this one.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Mike,

Kindly update after trying the solution given by Mr Putnam.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Mike_Bowden
Level 3
Yep! That was it. Thanks a lot for your insight, Mr. Putnam!

For some reason, the "Press OK" dialogue was never displayed when the original job was finished, but it came back when I created a new backup job..strange.

-Mike