cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental, Recurrence Pattern Hours 15 minutes.

JuergenB
Level 6

Hi,

i am looking for a similar solution.

I would like to run a SQL Dump (with BE 2012 at the remote server) at 6:00 PM, this till take 10 Minutes.

Then after the SQL Dump, BE2012 should take a Full Backup at 6:30 PM with a schedule every day.
So i added a Full Backup Job at 6:30 PM with a recurrence Pattern of 1 day..

Then after the BE Full, i want to get Incremental backups from 8:00 AM till 5:45 PM ever 15 minutes (about 9 hours and 45 hours ).

I add a job ... Incremental, Recurrence Pattern Hours 15 minutes.

And i set the Start Time to 8:00 AM AND (now for the complex) i set the Option "Keep the job scheduled for 585 Minutes".

I think this will mean, that the job will run for the next 585 minutes time frame. After this time frame ended, the job will be reschuled to 8:00 AM next morning?

Is this correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Nope. This will not work.

This means that your job will run forever at every 15 minutes interval.

Keep the job scheduled for 585 Minutes

You forgot about the "before it is is re-scheduled" part.  This means for 585 minutes after the scheduled start of this job, it will be started if it has not been started.

This setting is easier to comprehend if your job is a daily job.  Suppose your job is scheduled to start daily at 8 a.m. and you say keep jo scheduled for 5 hours before it is re-scheduled.  This means that if the job is unable to start at 8 a.m.  BE will try to start the job any time before 1 p.m. (8 a.m. + 5 hours).  If it cannot be started by 1 p.m., then it will be re-scheduled to 8 a.m. the next morning.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Nope. This will not work.

This means that your job will run forever at every 15 minutes interval.

Keep the job scheduled for 585 Minutes

You forgot about the "before it is is re-scheduled" part.  This means for 585 minutes after the scheduled start of this job, it will be started if it has not been started.

This setting is easier to comprehend if your job is a daily job.  Suppose your job is scheduled to start daily at 8 a.m. and you say keep jo scheduled for 5 hours before it is re-scheduled.  This means that if the job is unable to start at 8 a.m.  BE will try to start the job any time before 1 p.m. (8 a.m. + 5 hours).  If it cannot be started by 1 p.m., then it will be re-scheduled to 8 a.m. the next morning.

Mandar_Sahasrab
Level 4
Employee

Some of the scheduling options are being enhanced and time bounded hourly schedules [E.g. every 15 minutes between 8:00 am and 5:45 pm, the scenario that you have mentioned] is part of those enhancements.

You may want to refer to the following link,

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2012-single-backup-multiple-servers#comme...

Regards,
Mandar