cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Problem Remote Agent Fails: Access Denied. This is B.S.

IngenioGroup
Level 2
I'm very p....d off after two days trying to get this to work and now finding the previous thread below. WHY ISN"T THIS MENTIONED IN ANY OF THE DOCUMENTATION SHIPPED WITH THE PRODUCT. For the price I paid for this software and after all the problems I'm having getting version 10 installed and WORKING, this is a great dis-service to your customers. No wonder they sold the company. Veritas get you act together.

install problem remote agent
Posted on: Apr 26, 2005 8:38 AM

"I've installed backup exec for windows v10 rev 5484 sp1
on a windows 2000 server when I install a remote agent on a windows xp sp2 client, I get the following message : "attemting to connect to server \\xxx failed with the following error :access is denied"

what can be the problem ?

kind regard

Peter

Re: install problem remote agent
Posted: Apr 26, 2005 11:43 AM Apr 26, 2005 11:43 AM peterl Reply

The following technote states that push installs cannot be performed to Windows XP SP2 systems.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/270144

It does, however, offer a technote at the bottom of the article that describes how to do a local install of the Remote Agent. I hope this helps.
2 REPLIES 2

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

We apologise for the inconvenience caused because of
the delayed response. Please let us know if your issue
still persists. If yes, please refer the steps mentioned
below. If not, we will mark this case as assumed
answered and move it to answered questions pool.

Hope you have referred to the document on the push installation of Remote Agent. For your reference once again the link to the document.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/258982

Please inform us if the problem persists

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two
business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed
answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’
pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.