cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Remote Agent

Julio_Salda_a
Level 3
Good days, I have BE 8.6 installed in a server windows 2000 and am trying to install the remote agent in the computers of the company. In the computers with win xp sp1y win 2000 I do not have problem , but in win xp sp2 does not leave me to install. They know if there is any problem with sp2.

If the indicated problem existed, I wanted to know if with the version 10.0 the problem is solved

Thanks Regards
6 REPLIES 6

Ricardo_Pistari
Level 5
if you "push" installations, you maybe are being blocked by windows firewall. You can install it locally too.

Julio_Salda_a
Level 3
No, I can't install locally.

I have the sp2 firewall disabled, I use the symantec firewall.

When I install sp2 I got this problem.

Do you Know if BE 10.0 can work with sp2?

Another question when I upgrade BE from 8.6 to 10.0, I have to reinstall the remote agent in all the computers.

Thanks regards

Level 2
Try to map a drive on the XP computers to the remote agent folder on the server, then run the installation using command prompt.
Hope this will help

Simon_Armstrong
Level 6
And to answer your other question, if you upgrade backup exec from 8.6 to 10 then yes, you'll have to upgrade all the remote agents as well.

Julio_Salda_a
Level 3
I have BE 8.6 adn i don't know how to install using command prompt. Please let me know how do that.

Thanks.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Are you using Backup exec 10 or 8.6? Windows XP with SP 2 is compatible with Backup exec 10. You will need to install the remote agent locally on the XP station.

Refer to the following technote for steps on the same:

Title: Push installations of Backup Exec and/or the Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) to Windows XP Service Pack 2 systems or Windows 2003 servers fail with a "connect to server" error.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/270144

Hope this helps. If the issue perissts, revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.