cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Remote Device

Billy_Maltus
Level 3
Hi,
I have veritas working good, backing up the servers and everything fine. I just added a new server with its own backup device. This server is going to be used to hold the users home directory and the new device is going to be the one backing it up, therefore freeing up some space on the original backup. I installed the remote agent on the new machine and when I opened Veritas (which is installed on another server) to add the new device, but the 'add remote device' is greyed out. I cannot select it. Can I do what I am trying? Why is it greyed out? I know veritas recognized it because it has before. Thanks in advance!!
3 REPLIES 3

Billy_Maltus
Level 3
Sorry people, what I thought said "remote device" actually said "remove device" . Sorry for the confusion. But the qurstion still stands, "can I add a remote backup device to backup the remote server". Sorry if it isn't clear. Thanks again.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

As you have mentioned here that you want to use the device connected to the remote server to take the backup of the remote server,
-- No, you can not use the device connected to the remote server.
--please note that the device should be locally attached to the backup exec media server.

Hope this will help you.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Billy_Maltus
Level 3
Ok Thanks, thats what I wanted to hear.