cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install remote Netware servers

Jim_Helfer
Level 2
When I try to install a remote Netware server on BEWS, I get the error message "No NDS Trees/Servers found"

And sure enough, none are found in NetHood.

The NDS tree is Netware 6.5, fully TCP-IP. I had no problems going he other direction.

What do I need to do to install remote Netware servers?
5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited
Do you have the Novell client installed on this server? You can install the agents from any server/workstation as long as they have access to the NetWare server(s).

Jim_Helfer
Level 2
I was hoping that there might be a better way than maintaining the Novell client on a production windows server.

criley
Employee Accredited
You don't need the Novell client on the windows server but if you want to run the install of the agent on the NetWare server you must have some form of access via either the Novell client, client services for NetWare etc.

That's why I mentioned running the install from another server/workstation that has direct access to the NetWare file system.

Jim_Helfer
Level 2
Ah! I see. Of course.

I'll just run the installation from my workstation. (as I recall, the way I've run all previous installations)

Thanks

Claudia_Zegarra
Level 2

I found 2 solutions here:
1. Install the Netware client on the Windows server =/... The problem is the installer needs access to the sys:\BKUPEXEC - This is not an option, at least for me.
2.The other option, that was my solution this time,  was pretty simple. I installed the remote agent from my computer(with novell client) to the Novell server. Just run Backupexec setup and install the remote agent for Netware. Just verify that your workstation have the following service running: Server . During the installation the wizard ask you about the server that would be able to access that netware server, in there I included the Windows Server.