cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install remote agents 11D

JFMilligan
Level 3
Hi

I have installed  backup exec 11D Rev 6235.  I am trying to push the agents out to the servers from the console, but i keep getting the following error:
Attempting to connect to server \\??????? failed with the following error: RPC server is unavailable.

I know the windows firewall is blocking it as when i turn the firewall off it works fine.  Does anyone know the ports i need to setup exceptions for on the firewall? 

any help or advice would be great

Thanks Julie
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

i think this came a few times when v11 was first released, but don't rememeber whether there was ever an official fix or not

If worst comes to worst, you could always run the local install using networked task scheduler and "run now"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JFMilligan
Level 3
Hi Ken

Thanks for your quick reply.  I have went through the links but i am still having the same issue.  If i locally install the agent i can backup the server fine, but when i try to push the agent out i get the rpc error.

I specified the port range and added the exceptions to the firewall.  I also added the following ports to the firewall exceptions: 135, 445, 1037, 441
I checked to make sure that File and Printer sharing is enabled in the exceptions.
I also checked the group policy settings to ensure Windows Firewall: Allow remote administration exception was enabled.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

i think this came a few times when v11 was first released, but don't rememeber whether there was ever an official fix or not

If worst comes to worst, you could always run the local install using networked task scheduler and "run now"