cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of version 10.0 fails

Elaine_Kemp
Level 2
I am having problems installing Backup Exec v10.0

The only thing I can find in the log file that looks like an error is the following line in the log file :

09-07-2005,13:22:50 : ERROR: Failed to load \storex.ocx

I have tried all the troubleshooting options provided with the installation CD. I have also searched the knowledge base but the only article to mention the above error refers to version 9.0 has anyone come across this error before and solved the problem ?
4 REPLIES 4

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

Is it a fresh installation of Version 10.0 or an upgrade?

To resolve the issue, follow the steps given below:

1) Go to Start | Run and type regedit. (Regedt32 for Windows 2000 server)

2) Browse to the following key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib and give Administrators and SYSTEM full control rights.

Then try starting the installation again.

===================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Elaine_Kemp
Level 2
In answer to your first question : this is a fresh install not an upgrade.

The registry permissions are already set as suggested so that is not the cause of the problem

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please run the environment check if you hav e not already and check the resluting report.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Elaine_Kemp
Level 2
I decided to end my frustration by paying for technical support by phone and they pointed me in the direction of the following document :

Document ID: 277347
http://support.veritas.com/docs/277347

NB. Step 3 in the document did not work as I did not have the key described in the registry, but I continued to steps 4-7 which solved the problem