cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Management Solution

ThorJensen
Level 3

I've made it through all the pre-requisits for installing the Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution, Windows 2K3 X86 etc, and have extracted the installer, which then updates, restarts, creates the install package, and after extracting the EXE it creates it launches the installation manager again which only creates a new package, the option to install new software is greyed out/unselectable. It's stuck in an endless create new package loop!

Please help, I've been trying to get this installed all day.

6 REPLIES 6

ThorJensen
Level 3

I have read through the install pdf, googled, searched but have came across nothing for why the install new products option is greyed out.

Grrr this has been aggravating!

Also if I uninstall the updated installation manager and reinstall from the downloaded package, I have the install new products option available, but as soon as I go to try it says an update is available and mandatory.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

ThorJensen
Level 3

Wow, that was mighty helpful, my product is Backup Exec.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

From your first post

I've made it through all the pre-requisits for installing the Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution

Backup Exec System Recovery is now known as Symantec System Recovery (SSR)

Backup Exec is a completely different product

ThorJensen
Level 3

It can't be that completely different, Symantec "Backup Exec" System Recovery 2010

Besides, I don't think its the SSR or BES itself anyway, it's the management console and SIM issue

I posted under SSR as well though.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/symantec-installation-manager-installing-management-s...

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) has always been a separate product (although there was a short lived option on one of the Backup Exec versions that used some BESR technology) . In fact before the name BESR, it used to be called Live State Recovery (LSR) and is now called Symantec System Recovery (SSR) as we realized using the name Backup Exec in it's title was confusing customers.

As such the management console for BESR or SSR has nothing to do with Backup Exec itself hence posting in the correct forum is valid advice.

Just for completenss the only similar console for Backup Exec is the rarely used Backup Exec Infrastucture Manager (BEIM).