cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Remote Agent to Remote Server

Sys_Admin_8
Level 2
I am getting the message "cannot locate domain controller for this domain" when trying to install Remote Agent for a server. The strange thing is that both servers in question, the one running Backup Exec and the one I wish to back up, are domain controllers for this domain. How do I fix this error? (The Backup Exec server is running Windows Server 2003 and the remote server is running Windows NT Server 4).
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Have you tried a local install of the Agent on the NT box?

Also From http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/258576.htm

Windows NT 4.0:

1. If installing to Windows NT 4.0, verify Service Pack 6a is installed. This is the minimum system requirement for Windows NT 4.0.

2. If push installing the Remote Agent over the network to a Windows NT 4.0 computer, make sure a user with administrative rights is currently logged on to the Windows NT 4.0 computer. Also, when the Backup Exec installation program prompts for a user name and password to connect to the Windows NT 4.0 computer, enter the same user name and password for the user currently logged on to the Windows NT 4.0 computer.

3. If installing to Windows NT 4.0, verify Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0 is installed by typing "msiexec" at a command prompt.

Sys_Admin_8
Level 2
I haven't tried a local install. I will attempt that, as well as follow up on the other options, and report back.