Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insufficient disk space

golana
Level 2
hello
i am useing symantec backup exec vesion 11 and i getting the error message
Final error: 0xe000848f - Insufficient disk space
i am trying to restore inbox folder (i have on couple of mails )
my backup server drive c have more then 15 giga free space & my exchange server have more then 10 giga free space
the error message talk about witch drive ? on my exchange server or on my backup exec server ?

there is no quota .

thanks golan
3 REPLIES 3

IvanCR
Level 2
Hi there,

Well it depends how are you trying to create that restore job. By default BE will try to restore it to it's original location (exchange disk in this case), but you can also choose to restore it to alrernate location.
I think that you are trying to restore it on it's original location (exchange) so probably that is the drive that error is talking about.

You should try to check your exchange disk where the DB is located, and see if there is sufficient disk space in it. But I don't see why would you have such a problem if there is 10GB of free space on your exchange server (since i doubt that you have to restore inbox larger than 10GB :))

Hope that I understood your question correctly, and that I helped.

regards

Ivan

golana
Level 2
hello
thanks for your help but,
my exchange server db drive have 890 giga byte free.
i realy do not know whats the problem

thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
The default location for restoring Exchange temporarily (as it does the whole restore of your Information Store) is C:\temp.
Read this article I wrote on how to stage your restore to disk, and then restore from that:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-usi...

I have used this method a number of times, and since doing it this way, I haven't had that error come up again.
The restore will always temporarily restore the entire IS, even if you want to restore 1 email.