cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory / Catalog Error ODBC Access error

Russell_Kame
Level 3
I am currently receiving the following error when trying to inventory my library.
ODBC access error. Possible lost connection to database or unsuccessful access to catalog index in the database.
I am also receiving the following errors in the application event log - Error ID's 34338, 34327.
I have read other posts on this issue but none of the fixes have helped. Below is what i have already tried to do to fix this issue.

1) This error is due to the catalog path in Backup Exec being different than the catalog path in the registry.

To resolve this issue follow steps below:

1. Open Backup Exec
2. Open Tools > Options
3. Click on Catalog
4. Verify the catalog path that appears here is accurate
5. Open regedit from Start > Run

Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.

Nagvigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc
7. Double click on

Check if the path is C:\Programfiles\Veritas\BackupExec\NT\Catalogs

. Stop and Restart the Backup Exec Services by going to Tools > Backup Exec Services > Stop all services
10. After services stop, click on Start all services.

2) Reapplied MDAC to version 2.8

3) Try running a slow catalog job by unchecking "use storage based catalog" under tools -> options after having renamed the catalog folder

I am running Backup Exec 10d Version 10.1 Rev. 5629 on a Windows 2003 SP1 Standard Server

Any help will be greatly appreciated. ThanksMessage was edited by:
Russell Kame
2 REPLIES 2

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello Russell ,

Try to repair the BEDB as per the link below and then do the catalog:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

Let us know if the issue persists.

Regards.

Russell_Kame
Level 3