cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Backup Exec V12 just an upgrade or can you install it on its own as a full version.

Shelley_Freeman
Level 2
I have recently had to restore parts of our server (Windows Server 2003) and had the new upgrade for v12 installed for Backup Exec. Unfortunately I have had to remove everything to do with Backup Exec as it became corrupted and wouldn't load. Is there a way I can just install version 12 as a full version or do I have to start from version 10 and install all updates and service packs up to version 12 (Really don't want to have to do this as it requires a reboot of the server everytime I update it and there seem to be a lot of updates and versions to install before I can get to 12). I would appreciate it if anyone could help me. Thanks
Message Edited by Shelley Freeman_All Saints on 07-08-2008 03:09 AM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Depends on the serial you bought

if it was a full serial, then you should be able to just install v12 from scratch

if you bought an upgrade you'll need to install either v10d or v11 (with serial) and then the v12 upgrade

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Depends on the serial you bought

if it was a full serial, then you should be able to just install v12 from scratch

if you bought an upgrade you'll need to install either v10d or v11 (with serial) and then the v12 upgrade

Shelley_Freeman
Level 2
Thank you for your help.  We did purchase a full license so I tried it again.  This time though I manually removed all of the services etc and it worked.  I didn't do this the time before so that was probably why the program wouldn't run properly. Thank you again.