cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Backup Exec compatible with GPT data partitions?

techuser
Level 3

I have a question...

Is Backup Exec 2010 version compatable with GPT partitions? Is there any known issues? I read on Symantec website something about limited support, but it didn't explain what limited support entailed. Are there any known issues with Backup Exec and GPT partitions?

I was thinking of creating a partition larger than 2 TB as space is starting to become a problem? and wanted to ensure it was compatable before attempting it.

4 REPLIES 4

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi,

It should work, BE should be compatible with GPT partitons

Thank You

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As per the limited information that I could find out that as per the Software Compatibility List (SCL) of BE 2010 R2, GPT is not supported with Hyper-V or MSVS.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/staging/TECHNICAL_SOLUTION...

Thanks,

-Sush...

Gurvinder

Backup of the Drives with the remote agent should not be a problem

Colin_Weaver

IDR might have an issue and Hyper-V and VMware have already been mentioned above - however the remoet agent will backup the data in the volume and should be able to restore the data itself - althouigh if IDR has an issue you might have to re-install the OS and recreate your empty voluems before you can do a restore