cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to backup a single file on an NDMP share?

TacticalN8
Level 2

I am running Backup Exec 15 with Feature Pack 3.  My backups appear to be running properly.  However, I noticed that I am unable to restore a single file from directory that I have set up as a n NDMP CIFS share.  I can only restore the entire directory.  Is it possible to just restore a single file?

I can do this without any trouble on my Windows servers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TacticalN8
Level 2

I spoke with a Veritas Support Rep yesterday and it turns out that this is a know issue with Backup Exec 15 Feature Pack 3.  I was told that the issue would be fixed with the release of Feature Pack 4.

So for a workaround:

In order to restore a single file, we have to select "details view" during the restore process and then manually enter the path and filename (be sure to uncheck "Apply to subdirectories") and then hit ok.  It is a bit annoying to not be able to just check the box next to the file as we could previously but at least this works for now.  Hopefully FP4 will be coming soon.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

NDMP is different than Windows.  I believe that the ability to do single file restore depends upon the brand (and possibly the version) of the NDMP filer.  What NDMP filer are you using?

TacticalN8
Level 2

I am backing up to an EMC Datadomain

The CIFS Shares are on an EMC VNXe 3150 SAN

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you backing up over CIFS OR using the NDMP option?

TacticalN8
Level 2

I spoke with a Veritas Support Rep yesterday and it turns out that this is a know issue with Backup Exec 15 Feature Pack 3.  I was told that the issue would be fixed with the release of Feature Pack 4.

So for a workaround:

In order to restore a single file, we have to select "details view" during the restore process and then manually enter the path and filename (be sure to uncheck "Apply to subdirectories") and then hit ok.  It is a bit annoying to not be able to just check the box next to the file as we could previously but at least this works for now.  Hopefully FP4 will be coming soon.

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified