cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there Anyone on SYMANTEC VERITAS to slove the problem (Memory leak)

Cengiz_Bingol
Level 3
Hi,

I posted same message a month ago to this forum..

I contacted microsoft and many technical assitant to solve problem.

Everyone told me and i m agree with everyone about problem cause of Veritas backup exec .

On my Server runing Windoes 2003 SP1 (210 Gb Raid-5, 4gb Ram) ,Exchange Server 2003 SP1, AD, And Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 4691 only.

After reatart the server i must restart again in 4-5 days so performance becaming less.

How can i solve this problem ?

Is there any TECHNİCAL SUPPORT else to guide me solve this problem SYMANTEC VERITAS.

I m thinking change Backup software .

Cengiz Bingol
4 REPLIES 4

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
HI,

Please explain in detail as you have mentioned "After reatart the server i must restart again in 4-5 days so performance becaming less. "

-backups taking too long ?
-server becomes slow ? while backup or afterwards ?
-have you installed any service pack of BEWS ?
-are you getting any error ?
-what other Backup exec options installed on the server ?
-Is Anti virus running and any other application other than Exchange ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Please explain in detail as you have mentioned "After reatart the server i must restart again in 4-5 days so performance becaming less."

-does Server becaome slow ?
-is it while backup is running ?
-is any other application running on server other than Exchange 2003? e.g Anti virus ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Cengiz_Bingol
Level 3
Hi,

As you see above ,the configuration of The Server, its good for a Server

On Exchange Server only these software are runing.

Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition
Exchange Server 2003 SP1
Active Directory,
Veritas Backup Exec
Agent for Sql server 2000
Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server
Remote Agent for Windews Servers
Advanced Open File Options
Trend Micro Client Software (which one i installed to all clients)

There is not additional software on the Server

1-) Before I installed Veritas Backup Exec on Exchange Server it performs normally.I didnt restart the Server.

2-) After I install and configure Veritas backup Exec ı have to restart the Server for because of slow performans.

3-) I configure on Veritas backup exec about 13 job with schedule. all job start diffirent time of a day.

4-) for example i restart the server. In three days it performs normally. After the 4. day of the restart its
performans is becoming slowly. I have about 50 domain usersi n company. They use Outlook to send and receive email.
But in 4 or 5.th day of the restart Server they can not acces the exchange server.

I check the Server on Console screeen. I try to open task manager but its slowly. mouse emeotion becomes very slow .

If i dont restart Server, nobody access the Server. So I have to restart to server.

I think There is a problem with Veritas Backup Exec Services and Exchange Server or Ssytem Services

I hope this information enough for you. I m boring this case.

Thanks,

Cengiz Bingol

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Does PerfMon show growing Memory Use?

This is more a bandaid than a solution, but have you tried stopping and then restarting the BackupExec services rather than booting the server.