cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with restoring using Backupexec 2012

ali_hassan
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I have a restore a 43 Mb file from my virtual machine and I am using BE 2012.. now from what I have read first the restore will stage the entire VM!!? This VM has 4 drives and the total size exceeds 1Tb but the drive I am restoring this file from is about 800 Gb out of which 600 Gb is used.. now on my backupexec server I dont have enough space on any of the drives to stage such a large VM...

I tried changing the staging area path under backupexec setting to a path on my NDMP storage but looks like it doesnt take it.. what  i did was I mapped a drive by  the name of Z and then under BE setting I changed to staging area path to Z:\temp which is my NDMP storage (Netapp) but still I could see the staging data goes to C:\Temp

Then I tried changing the staging area to D:\Temp a drive on the same BE server but still it goes to C:\Temp... any reason why?

Also I can I get around my issues becasue I dont have enough free space on my backupexec server to stage this VM for restore of a small file!!

Thanks

A

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you change the GRT staging location from Tools - Options - Restore or another location such as Tools - Options - Backup  ?

Also, after changing the GRT staging location, did you create a new restore job as the change usually does not reflect in the existing one..

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...mapped drives won't work. They're associated with a logon session.

Have you made sure that BE 2012 is fully patched?

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You can duplicate the backup set to disk and then restore from the disk backup set