cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items missing from Selection List - can't select resources

DD
Level 3
Partner
I support quite a few clients running Backup Exec. In the last week or so I have had two of them starting to fail.

One fails due to not being able to attach to the resource - namely the Exchange Mailboxes...

The other fails - Access is denied to Remote Agent.  Check the login account for the specified device. When you go to the selection list, you cannot select anything, there is nothing to expand - no local, no remote, etc. Changing to text you can see it, but not in the GUI. When you run the backup it says "Access is denied to Remote Agent.  Check the login account for the specified device." Remote Agent uses system

Both run 10.1d and the last system mentioned above I installed SP3.

The top system runs on SBS 2000 and the second SBS 2003. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but exactly the same. Both systems have been running just fine until the last week. I checked the SBS2003 system in Add/Remove Progs, and the last windows update was the 5th of march, well before the failures began.

Can anyone let me know what it may be as I cannot get any backups to run on these systems!!

Regards

Damien
4 REPLIES 4

DD
Level 3
Partner
has anyone got an idea?? I have two client breathing down my neck demanding a solution. Smiley Sad

HELP!!

DD
Level 3
Partner
Is there any Symantec/Veritas support personnel monitoring these forums? Since there is no "email" support anymore, and this is the only way to electronically correspond with support and the wider community, I would assume that the support staff could at least be replying with something??

I have sold and supported this product for a decade...I am also a member of the PartnerNet, surely someone can respond to obvious issues with the product??

Damien

Charles_Kline
Level 3
One thing to look at is look in the My network places and see if you can see the desired server or resource.  IF you cannot then try the following commands (they have helped me in a couple of instances) (From a Dos Window in a domain environment)
nbtstat -RR <enter>
ipconfig /flushdns <enter>
ipconfig /registerdns <enter>

If this does not work or you see the device in the My Network Places i have also had some luck with the following.  Go into the Backup selections and add the device as a user defined selection.  Make your selections.  Then go back into the job and look in the normal selections and see if the server  has "magically" appeared in the selection list. 

Just some things that have helped me in the past.

Loxis
Level 2
One thing to look at is look in the My network places and see if you can see the desired server or resource.  IF you cannot then try the following commands (they have helped me in a couple of instances) (From a Dos Window in a domain environment)
nbtstat -RR <enter>
ipconfig /flushdns <enter>
ipconfig /registerdns <enter>

If this does not work or you see the device in the My Network Places i have also had some luck with the following.  Go into the Backup selections and add the device as a user defined selection.  Make your selections.  Then go back into the job and look in the normal selections and see if the server  has "magically" appeared in the selection list. 

Just some things that have helped me in the past.

But after these actions i\ve got Symantec exception and Veritas hanged up