cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job 99% complete Finished Backup and Verifiy but still holds Job open for 14 hrs

Grant_Stevens
Level 2
Running Ver 10.0 Rev 5484 Sp5 on IBM x226 server with VXA3 tape drive. Have recreated a job that backs up the system state, the system drive and Data drive and then does a verifiy and ejects the media. The actual backup and verifiy take about 4 hrs and it eject the tape bu the job says open at 99% complete for anything up to 14 hrs. If I open the active job and look at it and then close, about 5 mins later it will complete. Have replaced tape drive and still down the same thing, ensured using Veritas drivers and latest firmware on Tape drive, also configured the Media Remove Alert to repsond with a Yes automatically. Any ideas pls help
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Yeah, AutoResponse has been flakey in v10.x since it was released.  You could try upgrading to v10d

The only other thing you can do is remove the "eject on end" from the job description and eject manually when you go to swap tapes  

Grant_Stevens
Level 2
I guess my issue is that I have 11 other servers running fie with these options and do their backups without problems. I have delete the jobs and recreated them, turn the auto eject off, deleted the drive and added again, changed the drive, I can't see why it's just this one server, the only difference is all the others are VXA2 drive and this is a VXA3 drive.