cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Completion Notification Report

Level 2
I need to modify the notification report to include a date and time stamp and/or other details. I don't want to include the entire job log. Can this be done or can I modify the job log so it is smaller?
6 REPLIES 6

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Including the Time stamm is not possible unfortunately. the time the mail was sent/ or the time you received it is the time that the backup compleated. But you can choose if you want to include or exclude the joblog.

Please go through the following document:
How to configure backup jobs to send notification using Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 (includes SMTP configuration)
http://support.veritas.com/docs/253178
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Let us know if that helped you.
===============================================
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Level 2
Thanks for responding. I'm sorry I can not include a date/time stamp on the notification page. This printout I am referring to is a single line on paper which prints after every job. It simply reports a pass or fail so it is difficult to distinguish what day it is for. I knew I could include the job log, but it is typically several pages long. Is there a way to change the job log to be summarized on one page?

Thanks!

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

You can select the option "summary information only" under Tools/options/Job logs.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Let us know if the last answer helped you.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Level 2
I have this option selected already. It prints out about 3 pages. Any way to get a report on one page?

Thanks

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
if you have selected the Option already, that means that the report you are getting is of the minimum possible length.
It will unfortunately not be possible, to bring down to a shorter length than this.

All you can do is deselect the Option for JOB LOG and just have the notification sent to you....
==============================================
Hope this help you.
==============================================
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.