cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Engine - not responding

Dennis_Byrne
Level 3
The backup fails and gives this alert: The job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

Solution?
4 REPLIES 4

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Do you see any active alerts in the Alerts tab?

Do you have Service Pack 1 for Windows 2003 installed? if not, please run the following utility to check if there are any mdac mismatches found. Please let us know what the result is:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8f0a8df6-4a21-4b43-bf53-14332ef092c9&DisplayLang=en

What all are you backing up? Are you backing up the data on a tape? If yes, perform a backup to a backup to disk to isolate the issue.

regards,

Asma

Dennis_Byrne
Level 3
I am running a job again to see what the alert is. I will then post it. Yes Sp1 is installed and I did run the utility, and there are no mismatches or any problems.

The backups are normal jpg,xls,word,pdf files.And it is being backedup to a tape. The tape drive is in 100% working condition including the tapes. Newest firmware and drivers. I used a utility from HP to test the tape drive and everything is perfect.

Now the main problem is that it starts backing up files then it gets to a file 334kb a pdf file and it stops.The transfer rate drops to 1mb/min then later disapears. Then the job fails. When I don't include this folder it runs gets to another file and it does the same thing. Even ntbackup does the same thing.
A hardware error has occurred that caused the job to fail. Check the Application

Event log for errors (with Event Source: Backup Exec) that occurred at the time the job stopped, for example:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Backup Exec
Event Category: Devices
Event ID: 33152
Description:
Adamm Mover Error: Unload Rewind Failure!
Error = ERROR_IO_DEVICE
Drive = "TapeDrive 1"
{DC0CA7FF-815E-4CA9-AB0E-5BC8FE5B5396}
Media = ""
{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Read Mode: SingleBlock(0), ScsiPass(0)
Write Mode: SingleBlock(1), ScsiPass(1)

Final error: 0xe00d84ed

But as I say it only happens when it gets to these few files. It stops. The files are working 100% and are used daily. I have tried doing the backup to a hard drive with the "problem" files and it completes. Could it be the scsi controller? But why does it stop on these files. It should just skip these files if there is a problem?

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Have you launched the job on a backup to disk folder?

Also check the system event log for device related errors

Thanks

Dennis_Byrne
Level 3
After trying everything, I replaced the scsi cable and it works 100 %