cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job History Display Error

Level 2
Hello! When i go through the Job Monitor to check the result of a processed backup job i get this error message:

-1610579486: :: -2147217900:Failed to instantiate a class object from MSXML3.DLL. The correct version of this DLL is missing or not registered properly

The backups are running ok, but It appears as if Veritas is having a problem executing the DLL to display the data on the page. The data does not show up on the Job History tab, but the Job Log tab functions just fine. Is there a way to fix this? possibly reload the DLL file?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

djswizz
Level 3
It seems as though every workaround that Veritas gives you just 'masks' the problem. I usually uninstall BE and reinstall it. Works for me. Once reinstalled, apply service packs and/or fixes. If that doesn't work, you may have problems elsewhere that are not BE related.

Here is something I found that may help. It's the latest SP for MSXML3:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308480/EN-US/

Seems like I should be working for Veritas since the forum guys do not answer anything within a reasonable time frame. Typical.

Level 2
djswizz.

thanks for the reply. yes you are right it did take forever for anyone to post to this thread. ill let you know how it turns out, and give you the appropriate feedback!

thank you again.

Level 2
Success. After loading the latest microsoft XML service pack and an afterhours reboot, vertias is working correctly by displaying Job Histroy normall.

Thank you very much djswizz. you rule!