cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job History logged in Excell?

Tommy_Agerkvist
Level 2
I'm looking for some way to log the job History in excel, especial for making graphs and monitoring the file sizes of backed up sets. I was thinking something in the line of pivottables, can anyone give me a hint as how to gather that info and put it in excel?
I'm using VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers Media server: Version 9.1 Rev. 4691
5 REPLIES 5

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
The job logs are stored in XML format, so you will need some sort of conversion program to create Excel files from it. You might try some Googling

Regards
A van der Boom

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

As mentioned earlier you can only have the job history saved in html and txt and xml format.

Thanks

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Tommy_Agerkvist
Level 2
Maybe it's because I'm not that familiar with the XML format, But I was rather hoping for some sort of solution the would help me create some graphs or a Pivottable in the Office Excel, based on the data collected from XML files, I'm pretty sure this can be done somehow, but trying to google it just makes me more and more confused as of what the XML format actually is. Actually this is why I'm posting here. Maybe the XML needs to be converted into something else, maybe even excel files as you say, before I can do this, but untill I know into what excactly, I have too much trouble finding out how, if you know what I mean.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Presently the feature to export the job history details to an Excel spreadsheet is not available.

But you can make use of the "Reports" facility provided in the software to generate specific reports based on the backup jobs in pdf format.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Tommy_Agerkvist
Level 2
Well, I was needing something more database ish, but I guess there's nothing to do about that.
But it would be a nice feature, to somehow create a pivottable on the historie data from the log/XML files, please notify me if this featature ever comes up.
As currently I'll have to manually type in the data from the Job history in a spread sheet, to see when and where my "backup job" works too much.